Ema Borboa, MS, L.Ac, CBP, KST
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, Certified Body Talk Practitioner, Koren
Specific Technique, Always Ready to Dance
I have always had a passion for herbs and holistic healing, as both my
grandmother and great-grandmother were avid holistic healers. As a result,
I frequently “treated” family members with remedies from my
local herb store and found I had a natural talent for finding the right
herbs to heal specific conditions.
In 1985, I became ill with chronic migraine headaches, which led to my
first acupuncture treatment. I was amazed at my quick recovery and decided
I wanted to do for others what my acupuncturist had done for me. Instead
of returning to school for my MBA, I changed my career path, and as they
say, the rest is history. I’ve never looked back!
My particular focus is on Acupuncture and Herbology. However, I also know
and practice a variety of other healing therapies, as needed.
More recently, my ongoing study of Eastern Medicine and Philosophies has
opened the door for further broadening my world. I have learned that to
facilitate health in others, a practitioner must follow her own advice
and take her own medicine. Therefore, two of my favorite practices are
Qigong and Zen Meditation.
I joined the staff of Womanology and Restore Him in spring of 2007 and
have been blessed to practice in the company of such dedicated colleagues.
The combination of our knowledge and modalities is a complimentary fit
for addressing a vast number of acute and chronic physical conditions.
Most importantly, our shared philosophy in facilitating and nurturing
the healing of our patients mutually enhances their continued success.
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing/International Business from California State
University, Los Angeles, 1984
- Masters in Chinese Medicine & Herbology from South Baylo University,1999
- Certification in Jaffe Mallor Technique (JMT) for Allergy Elimination/Auto
Immuno Dysfunction, 2000
- Dr. Tan’s Balance Method for Chronic Pain Treatment, 2002
- Neurological/Emotional Technique (NET), 2003
- Certified BodyTalk System Practitioner, 2004
- Reconnective Healing, 2006
- Matrix Energetics, 2008
- Certified Koren Specific Technique Practitioner (KST), 2009
- Presently studying the Classics of Chinese Medicine; going back to the
beginning to create a foundation for the next step in healing